Darling, there is nothing wrong with you.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 0 comments



I was reading a forum on teens sharing about what they thought of themselves and one post caught my attention, It was a teenage girl writing about how much she hated herself. I was then reminded of the younger me.

I remember how i used to drown myself with painful, self-loathing thoughts, not because i wanted to but because it was the only thought that existed in my mind. Too much self-hatred at such a young age wasn't easy. Crying because you feel like a mess wasn't pleasing. Hurting yourself because you didn't like what you saw in the mirror wasn't comforting at all but somehow, I got over it. I guess i grew up and realized that i deserved better. Most people thought that i was just craving for attention but it was an honest evaluation of how miserable i really felt. They couldn't blame me, i was young and besides, most of us, if not all, have probably felt that way at least once in our lives.

But the self-hate wasn't forever gone, It's an ongoing battle which i'm planning to win. You see, there are still times when i feel like my self-esteem is being sucked out of me, Like when bad things happens and i blame myself. This self-blaming and self-bickering gradually turns into self-hate, or when i'm rejected in some sort of way and feel like i'm not good enough, or instances when i see something about me that i think is ugly but one thing that i have developed throughout these years is self-respect. I don't allow these bad, self-criticizing thoughts to ruin me anymore. I have an internal cheering squad that tells me that no matter what other people say and no matter what the situation is, I am awesome.

Yes, i have flaws, a lot of them actually but don't you have them too?

I'm noisy. I'm loud. I'm weird. I'm obsessive. I'm lazy. I'm too sensitive. I'm far from normal. And the list just goes on and on and on.. BUT as i mentioned above, I am awesome.

So please, Never allow yourself to be imprisoned in your personal jail of self-loathing because darling, there is nothing wrong with you. There is nothing wrong with your choice of music, the way you look, the way you act, the way you dress. There is nothing wrong with your personality, your dreams, your desires, the things you are passionate with. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel loved, to feel respected and to feel good. You are perfect. You don't need to be fixed because there is nothing wrong with you.\

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

 

©Copyright 2011 Rants, Raves, & Rambles | TNB