NOT my summer fantasy

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2 comments



Do you know what it feels like to be stuck in a pharmacy from 8am to 5pm, every monday to friday, doing absolutely nothing while your friends are out having a good time? If no, good for you. If yes, i have a box of tissue, let's cry together.

My summer vacation only lasted a month. The lucky ones are still enjoying theirs until now. While i'm writing this, they're probably on the beach, in a fancy hotel somewhere, or simply enjoying a nice hot cup of chocolate milk with their family. I, on the other hand, am stuck in my dorm, memorizing the generic and brand names of different drugs starting with the letter D, E, F and G. You know why that sounds lame? Because it is.

This is not the way that i was planning to spend my summer vacation. I wanted to go to the beach, go scuba diving, attend the YP's conference, hang out with my high school friends, enjoy time with my family, "Live, Love, Laugh" and all those summer cliches, But we don't always get what we want. And that sucks, that sucks really bad.

What makes it even worse is that it's a "Community Pharmacy Internship" and as what others have told me, it's the most boring internship that i would have to encounter during my life as a pharmacy student. They said that the Hospital and Manufacturing Internship aren't half as bad. That's bad news for me today, but in the near future, it's gonna be something to rejoice about.

But for now, I'll just have to suck it up and go on. I guess, i won't be living out my sunny summer fantasies anytime soon.

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

 

©Copyright 2011 Rants, Raves, & Rambles | TNB